Image hosted by Flickr.com

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Weight In My Heart

Image hosted by flickr.com

The dark is especially cold tonight
The streets are so desolate and quiet
The sky is empty, starless and grey
Car's are whizzing past in the swirling rain

I feel the wet grass blades underneath my feet, and the drizzle of tears that fall from above
I notice the hanging tree branches reaching out into the world, longing to hold and be held, and desperate to touch
Voices are intermingling – candlelight, faces, smiles, and warm words
A hollowness that shouldn't be disturbed
I am having a conversation with someone I am not listening to, and who isn't listening to me...
Aloneness is a ubiquitous disease

The weight in my heart is heavy and it crushes my breath
I see sadness everywhere, tonight

6 Comments:

Blogger Alice: In Wonderland or Not said...

Your prose can purposefully or not make one feel emptiness or joy. Keep writing.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Black Hearted said...

Great!...Somehow I really understand what you're going thruogh...

4:04 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I can do much better me thinks.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous theinsider said...

"Aloneness is a ubiquitous disease"

Lovely and so true.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

Sadly so Insider. Although it is growing on me.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous garnet said...

My, you are a shadow spirit, dwelling in rain spattered grey days, feeding off the hollow emptiness inside us all.

thank you for that. your poems are alluring for their saddness.

I just hope you are relieved, rather than further darkened by these writings.

if you like please visit my blog.

take care...

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home