Image hosted by Flickr.com

Friday, August 19, 2005

Recollections



Images flashing through my mind
Memories of past and present, elucidating lost time
Running around as a kid, playing football outside my estate block
A ball, friends, and gradiose dreams until ten o'clock
Carol walking into the living room telling me that Dean had died
The emotional detachment, emptiness, fear, and pride
Reading at his funeral, when the sadness emerged
Infront of that packed church the reality of his loss, and my heart finally converged
The volatility of my adolescence, spent embracing the company of others
The sight of my father and uncle, strolling down the white stone village pathways in Cyprus, rekindling their beginnings as brothers
The softness I sensed behind her tears on the phone
The beautiful depravity we evoked, our own nightmarish world
"Ocean Greyness" in the art gallery at the Venetian Hotel
Those five days in Vegas when my delusions were dispelled
Her intricate beauty, her depth, her charm, and her grace
Her specialness is something that I shall never replace
The long, vast road that lies ahead
All of the possibilities, all of the dread
Bound by shackles I rarely notice are there
Of this I must always remain aware
The residual hurt will dissolve through time
And all that will remain are her recollections and mine...

12 Comments:

Blogger Queen of Ass said...

That's absolutely beautiful, Graham.

3:04 AM  
Anonymous theinsider said...

Ah, sad but beautiful.

Is that a Graham orginal up there? If so, it's quite good. :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

Yup, a Graham original.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Simbot said...

Shit Graham! That's one slick drawing...
I checked out your two blogs and you are one articulate boy.
I look forward to lurking around here and reading through your stuff...

2:00 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

Hey Simbot,

You inspired me to pick up a pencil, lol, and it'd been a while. You seem to have so much fun with what you draw it reminded me how much I used to enjoy expressing myself sketching.

I'm not very good, I know someone who is exceptionally brilliant: Theo's Art Gallery, who taught me a few things when I was a wee youngster. Also, for some reason, scanning my pencil sketches into a comp makes them look better...

You, on the other hand, are an amazing artist:

Sim City Comics

3:31 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

hi.. i thought i posted a comment here with a link to Illustration Friday.. i really suggest you join if you havent yet.. you have such a talent! 8)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Simbot said...

You are smooth talker boy-o. Thanks for the link. I shall be expecting some inspired sketches to surface here soon. Until then my feverish refreshing will skew your counter...

8:13 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

Shucks. The pressure is on... It certainly is nicer posting a picture I've drawn... than a photo acquired from google only vaguely reflective of my words.

+ Feel free to skew my counter any time :).

12:34 PM  
Anonymous JB said...

Graham,
You express yourself beautifully, and I have to say I am a big fan of the sketch.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

Hey JB, you write beautifully yourself on ur blog.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Orikinla Osinachi. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Orikinla Osinachi. said...

If only we all could have the hearts and souls of artists and poets, humankind would be at peace with God and nature.

Your poetry is what I call romantic existentialism.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home